We use our school values to promote positive attitudes to learning and developing a growth mindset for all. These reflect the skills and attitudes needed to promote responsibility for learning and future success. The children will be able to explain about Motivation, Optimism, Achievement, Team Work, Friendship, Acceptance, Respect, and Manners and how these help them become life-long learners.
· Have developed a strong sense of identity within the school and belonging to the community
· Have the confidence and skills to make decisions
· Have aspirations to achieve with a growth mind set
· Have the skills to self-evaluate, make connections and become life-long learners
· Be able to keep themselves safe
· Be able to transfer to secondary school as an independent learner
· Continue to contribute to the wider society and be a responsible citizen who is tolerant and respectful of others’ values and beliefs.
Our aim is for all children to leave Moat Farm Junior School with the confidence, aspirations, understand their choices in life and the difference they can make as a global citizen and as a result, our Citizenship Award has been created.
In each year group from Year 3 to Year 6, every child has a Citizenship Award Booklet which is kept in school. In order to work towards our Citizenship Award, we want our children to demonstrate the different qualities from the activities and will receive awards at certain stages of completion. Once children have completed an activity, this needs to get signed off by their teacher. If an activity is completed outside of school, children will need to have a discussion or show their teacher what they have done in order to be signed off.
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE CITIZENSHIP AWARD BOOKLET